Currently, we are looking for the following:
The Audit Senior will be responsible for documentation of the planning, performance, and file completion of audits, reviews, and compilations, under the direct supervision of Partners and/or Managers; including the preparation of the related financial statements. The Audit Senior may also take on limited responsibility for training and supervising other Audit Associates on jobs assigned. This person will take responsibility for ensuring quality client service is provided through communication and technical skills.
You are an outgoing and personable professional, committed to a career in accounting. You understand and live by the concept of being a “team player”, making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with. At the same time, you have excellent judgment to ensure the right thing is being done. You have very strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as a strong attention to detail. You have sufficient audit experience to be able to provide value in planning discussions, in the design of audit and other procedures, while still striving to learn and understand more about the process and related technical work.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Is in process of or has attained a CPA designation
- 2-3 years of recent public accounting experience performing financial statement audits and other related attest work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of audit/accounting programs, procedures, and work paper technique
- Perform audits, reviews, compilations, and other special projects through analysis of client prepared documents, understanding of client processes, and inquiries made of client
- Prepare well-organized, complete, accurate and efficient work papers that support RSJ audit opinions, review and compilation reports
- Responsible for self-reviewing work. This includes double checking mathematical calculations and the accuracy of factual information, as well as double checking references between work papers and perm file documents
- Responsible for on-the-job training of staff
- Prepare financial statements and footnote disclosures in accordance with GAAP
- Meet client deadlines and be conscientious of time budgets
- Develop and maintain working relationships with clients and other team members
- Demonstrate ability to research GAAP, GAAS and SEC requirements
- Monitor work assignments to ensure timely completion within budget & effectively communicate status to manager/partner on a regular basis. Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) matching program after 1 year of employment,
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- Continuing education
- CPA course reimbursement (if exams are not yet passed)
- Medical and life insurance
- Work/life balance
- Flexible schedules
- Remote work
The Para-Professional position is part of our Administrative/Tax Professional Team, providing support for our tax department. Hours are 8:30-5:30pm M-F. Overtime during tax deadline may be required.
Are you a motivated professional, eager to take on new tasks and assistant a busy tax team? Do you strive to serve a bigger purpose and make a difference in your team and work environment?
If you have superior critical thinking skills, a high level of intelligence with a minimum of drama, we are looking for you!
You’ll be the right hand of our tax department. You’ll handle small business taxes, things like, 1099s and City Business Licenses and help us fill in the needed gaps with some tax and accounting work as well. At the same time, you must prioritize and be ready to jump in on any project the team may need you for. You have very strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as a strong attention to detail.
Desired Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 2 years of college – AA in accounting
- Must have superior interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential documents.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord and Excel)
- Must have knowledge of Quickbooks
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of our companies as well as our clients.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact diplomacy and TEAMWORK.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in numbers and spreadsheets and small tax returns, establishing priorities and always meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Position requires flexible hours as overtime may be required, especially during deadline seasons.
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to complete multiple assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Complete and manage the small business tax list
- Assist with some smaller 1040s and 1065 as needed
- Assist tax staff with miscellaneous projects as needed
- Any other duties as assigned by management
This is a non-exempt position. Starting salary is $21-22/hour.
There is no compensation for relocation expenses for this position.