WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR…
EXPERIENCED TAX SENIOR
start date: November 1st – January 1st
Encino, CA Office, Hybrid, or Remote Opportunity
Rose, Snyder & Jacobs is an independently-owned, full-service transdisciplinary tax and accounting firm. We have three divisions – Tax, Audit, and Financial and Accounting Services. We pride ourselves on doing exceptional work for our sophisticated clients in a supportive environment. (Make sure to check out our excellent benefits listed at the end of this advertisement. We are very proud to offer some incredible perks to show our appreciation for our team.)
You are a C-Corp specialist. You are passionate about corporate taxes and doing excellent work for your clients. You enjoy preparing returns. You have experience preparing Form 1120, state corporate returns, and quarterly estimate calculations. Multi-state and stand-alone corporation returns are in your wheelhouse – if you have foreign and consolidated return experience, even better. If you don’t have foreign and consolidated experience yet, but you have an interest in learning – we would love to support you in growing in that area. You have public accounting experience and enjoy working with a variety of clients. You have either your CPA or EA license or are in the process of obtaining your license.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and analyze complex corporate tax returns to ensure accuracy and compliance with tax codes, laws and regulations;
- Maintain accurate and updated documentation of tax preparation work;
- Stay up-to-date on tax codes, laws, and regulations and provide updates to associates on your team;
- Keep managers apprised on status of projects and deadlines;
- Actively participate in client meetings and discussions;
- Assist with responses to IRS and state tax notices including speaking with the IRS (or other state tax agencies);
- Conduct research on tax matters and provide advice to clients; and
- Prepare tax provision calculations
We are seeking an outgoing and personable professional, committed to a career in corporate tax. Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as attention to detail and stellar customer service are the key to the work we do. We value ability to follow directions when needed and to use your creativity to solve problems and think outside the box in support of our clients. You should be equally adept at working independently and collaborating with your team. Successful candidates will have excellent judgement and curiosity – knowing when to take the initiative, when to ask for direction from managers, and a passion to dig deeper to find solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 2-4 + years of public accounting firm experience
- Demonstrated C-Corp experience – complex and multi-state returns
- CPA/EA, or in process of obtaining a CPA/EA
- Foreign and consolidated return experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Prosystems or CCH Axcess Tax and Engagement Trial Balance software
- Knowledge of XCM Tracking Systems
- Ability to work overtime during busy season
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
What We Offer
We want you to be the future of our firm. We will investment in your career and training with continuing education and opportunities for career advancement. We also offer interesting and sophisticated work with our amazing clients. We are committed to hiring the very best people. You’ll be collaborating with smart, motivated, and generous human beings who are passionate about their work and enjoy working together.
- Salary Range: $75k-$105k (commensurate with experience)
- Health Insurance: 1) Medical Insurance – $50/month for employee only (additional cost for covering dependents), 2) Dental Insurance, 3) Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (firm contributes $1300 annually – accrues monthly)
- 125 Plan
- 401(k) with 25% match of employee contribution after one year
- PTO – 20 days per year (accrued monthly)
- Additional PTO Thanksgiving Week (full week)
- Discretionary profit sharing
- Employer Paid CPE’s
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Life Insurance
- We want to make sure that you are well-supported and cared for during busy season. If you are working in our office, we provide meals.
Flexible Hours – We care about your work/life balance. If you have your CPA or EA license, you may design your own hours during non-busy season (40 hours week required). This could be 8 hours/5 days, 10 hours/4 days or something similar. You must be available between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Pacific Time (Noon – 5 p.m. ET).
Billable Hour Requirement: 1500 hours annually
Busy Season Hours: During the peak of busy season, the work requirement is 55 hours/week. This is a realistic expectation.
Where You’ll Work
We offer in-person, hybrid, and remote work options. Our employees are successfully working remotely across the country. If you choose to work remotely, we’ll make sure you have the tools that you need to do your job efficiently and the support you need to feel like part of the team. Remote employees are expected to engage regularly with our team, know when to pick up the phone, and be willing to reach out to ask questions when needed.
How to Submit
Submit resume and introduction letter to email@example.com.
Please let us know how your experience and training match our job description. If you have the required skills, please make sure to point them out in your letter. Sometimes things can get lost on a resume, and we want to make sure we know what you can do.
No phone calls, please.